- Planning and implementation of campus programming related to financial education.
- Supervision and development of graduate assistant and other student assistants and volunteers, including daily office oversight, scheduling of client appointments and presentations and communications.
- Promote Red to Black as a model of peer financial education at regional and national professional meetings and to other institutions.
- Marketing and communication related to Red to Black and financial education at TTU including print, web, and other social media.
- Recruitment, selection, and training of peer financial education coaches.
- Presentations on Red to Black and financial education to departments, organizations, and other groups.
- Develop and sustain partnerships with College of Human Sciences, Raider Ready, Red Raider Orientation, University Career Center, Center for Campus Life, Financial Aid, Student Legal Services, and other relevant campus departments and community agencies.
- Partner with Student Affairs departments on other areas of prevention and risk for college students: alcohol, sexual assault, academic integrity, etc.
- Provide advisement to student peer financial coaches through evaluation of both presentations and client sessions.
Bachelor's degree in the area of specialization or closely related field plus four years progressively responsible supervisory experience. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Master’s degree in financial planning or equivalent area. Accredited Financial Counselor certificate – CFP, CRC, or other appropriate designations.
Knowledge of college student populations and effective financial education techniques and programs. Knowledge of college student volunteers and organization advisement, training, recruitment, selection, and recognition. Knowledge of other student affairs departments and services.
- Apply online at http://www.workattexastech.com enter via STAFF portal and search for req#ID 14184
- Shortcut URL: https://bit.ly/2HkrNER
- Required attachments: Resume & Cover Letter; Optional attachments: Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification
- If you should need assistance with the application process, please contact Texas Tech University, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition office at email@example.com or 806.742.3851.
- Review of applicants to begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Questions regarding position can be directed to Kimberly Thornton, Director for the Center for Campus Life at (806) 742-5433 or by email at Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.