University of Idaho
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $38,994 per year or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Independently implement, evaluate and administer the BEAMS (Better Education About Money for Students) financial literacy, debt management, and default prevention program. Maintain professional expertise in all federal and private loan programs, including student eligibility requirements, repayment options, and default procedures. Responsible for the implementation, oversight, and evaluation of an effective counseling program for prospective, current and graduating students. Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to establish a training program for institutional financial aid staff and others who work with students as they make borrowing and academic decisions. Implement and maintain software from an outside vendor through the exchange of data, development of programs, and the evaluation of results.
Independently design and establish presentations and materials on financial literacy and debt management. Represent the institution and the office through financial literacy and debt management presentations to campus student groups and classrooms. Independently design and administer a program of default prevention for alumni and students who do not reach degree completion.
Research national and institutional specific data to determine student loan borrowing trends and default causes. Establish a network of educational professionals in order to remain current on effective practices and emerging tools to advance the programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in adult education, counseling, finance or related field.
• One or more years experience in counseling and/or advising college students
• Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Master’s degree in counseling, adult education, finance or related
• Certified as an AFC , CFP , or other financial education certification
• Teaching experience at the post-secondary level
• Experience in financial aid, financial literacy, or counseling within a student service field
• Teaching, counseling, or advising experience with a diverse student population
• Knowledge of adult learning styles, academic success behaviors/learning strategies, and motivational theory
• Knowledge of federal student loan programs, student eligibility requirements, and repayment plans
• Program management experience in planning, development, and implementation
• Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives, and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational goals and activities
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001646P
Posting Date: 12/12/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To receive first consideration, please submit all application materials by January 16, 2018. Posting will remain open until a qualified applicant pool is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1136049
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.