Brightside provides a new approach to employee benefits that helps people manage and improve their financial health. We take a holistic view of employees and their personal relationship to money. This includes providing unbiased assistance with debt management along with the traditional focus on personal finance. The goal is not only to help people handle their money more successfully but to also provide them with access to better financial products and services then they can otherwise attain on their own. Finally, we also help them increase their skills to improve their overall financial health long term.
The role of the Financial Assistant is at the center of Brightside's work with clients. By building a trusting relationship that combines financial expertise with compassionate support, you will be able make a positive impact in the lives of our employee clients and their families.
Responsabilities and Tasks
We are currently hiring 1-2 additional team members that are certified CFP’s to assist in growing our employer-based personal finance model.
In this role, you will serve a portfolio of employee clients and provide comprehensive concierge financial services to them in addition to helping our Financial Assistants with complex financial scenarios. This means helping with developing and implementing strategies for getting out of debt, managing their cashflow, and improving behavior relative to client finances to save and plan for the future. Our model is unique and different than other industry practices and our CFP team members will help us to further architect the model leveraging their certification, expertise and years of experience. In this role, you will not only provide up to date financial information using our robust technology but use state of the art influence and relationship techniques to help people make concrete behavioral improvements to the way clients handle money to improve their situation for the long-term as well.
Specifically, you will leverage a telephonic environment to:
· Support Financial Assistants will clients’ needs that require CFP knowledge and expertise solving complex financial scenarios with them on behalf of the client
· Contribute and/or lead the ongoing development of material/education/trainings that increase the overall organization’s understanding of complex financial scenarios
· Provide ongoing education internally on financial Provide financial education to clients on relevant topics
· Provide options and solutions to help solve financially related problems presented by the client
· Provide emotional support to clients as it relates to their financial situationAttributes and Competencies
To succeed in this role, you need to be wired for service and care about your customer:
- You are empathetic but have a good sense of boundaries and appropriate professional behavior
- You are caring, compassionate and driven to fulfill customers’ needs
- You are a great critical thinker (able to collect, synthesize and interpret data in service of planning and decision making
- You can leverage your prior work expertise as a CFP but can also think critically about what work and did not work in previous models and embrace different approaches to addressing your client’s needs and changing their long term financial behavior.
- You love to solve problems and are creative at it
- You are eager to learn and seek feedback both for yourself and the organization
- Strong financial acumen, ability to apply certification learnings
- You are adept with technology and can leverage solutions/systems to reach a desired outcome
- You are organized with strong follow-up capability and can work at appropriate levels of detail relative to the task at hand
- You can handle to handle high volume of phone calls or chats in a fast-paced environment
- You can multitask and effectively manage deadlines and goals
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have Strong computer and internet skills; MS Office, Chrome, Google Apps and other programs or platforms
- Customer Service experience in a customer call center is a plus
Only Certified Financial
Planners (CFP’s) will be considered for this role.
- · 3-5 years in a role that demonstrates a customer centric focus
- · Demonstrated ability to build a trusting relationship with your customer via telephone in an ongoing relationship-based environment
- · Strong work history demonstrating your impact of enhancing the company through your contributions/suggestions/improvements of the organization
- · Ability to comply with company and industry standard policy and procedures while remaining solution oriented and creative with approaches
- · Coaching and professional sharing of knowledge to colleagues to grow overall organization
- · Medical
- · Dental
- · Vision
- · Disability
- · Paid Training
- · PTO
- · Job Type: Full-time
Brightside is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Application Questions
Please reply to the following questions and attach to your resume when submitting your application:
1) Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
2) Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
3) Are you willing to undertake a drug test as part of this hiring process?
4) Are you willing to undergo a background check as part of this hiring process?
5) How many years of experience related to this role do you have?
6) What are your salary expectations?
7) In a paragraph or two please describe what accomplishment are you most proud of in your personal or professional life? and why?
8) How does this position fit in with your long-term goals?