FreeFrom is a growing national nonprofit organization, based in Los Angeles. Our mission is to make safety affordable for all survivors of domestic violence so that they can build lives free from violence for themselves and their children. The number one reason survivors of domestic violence stay in abusive situations is because they cannot afford to leave. FreeFrom financially empowers survivors to find safety through small business entrepreneurship, compensation and credit repair.
Identity fraud and damaged credit is extremely common in cases of domestic violence, often leaving survivors unable to move forward and rebuild. FreeFrom is looking for a Credit Program Director to create and scale its national credit building and repair program for survivors. The ideal candidate will have strong credit building and credit repair work experience, comfort with a range of financial tools and credit-building vehicles and prior experience building structures from the ground up. Attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and exceptional organizational abilities are also key.
The Credit Program Director will be the sole member of this program team and work very closely with the Executive Director.
- Demonstrated success in credit building and credit repair work;
- Comfort with a range of financial tools and credit-building vehicles (e.g. loans, credit cards);
- Strong management and leadership skills;
- Exceptional organization skills and oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with FreeFrom colleagues, Board Members, and to build partnerships with other non-profit and for-profit entities;
- Ability to build and execute long and short-term projects from the ground up;
- Experience working directly with clients;
- Experience creating training and teaching materials and curriculum;
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence is preferred but not a requirement;
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not a requirement;
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, positive, respectful, collaborative, friendly environment; and
- A strong commitment to FreeFrom’s mission and vision.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send descriptive cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Sonya Passi (email@example.com).
- Please include as much information as possible about your credit building and repair experience in your application.
- Please combine all of the required items into a single PDF attachment.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
- Application open until filled
- Anticipated start date: February 15, 2018
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Exempt, full-time position
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits, including vacation, sick leave, health and life insurance, and 401(k) plan
POSITION REPORTS TO:
- Executive Director
FreeFrom is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, national origins, religions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, abilities and gender identities and survivors of domestic violence are encouraged to apply. Thank you for your interest in FreeFrom.