Are you someone with innate problem-solving and analytical skills? Do you demonstrate logical thinking to balance a variety of information and determine effective solutions? Do you enjoy working with numbers and the “behind the scenes” operations of an organization? Are you detail-oriented?
As the Director of Finance and Operations, your role is to balance the strategy and vision of the organization with the realistic financial picture to provide strategic recommendations that will foster growth. You see the bigger picture and connect the dots between the organizational processes, marketing, sales, and people.
As a member of the leadership team, you will work closely alongside the Executive Director to consider facts, assess risks, and guide business decisions. Your role is to focus on maintaining financial health of the organization while planning ahead to invest in the future and seek growth opportunities.
You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative, high performing team with a results oriented approach. You are able to self-initiate and be proactive in your approach to projects. You will continually work to increase efficiency and develop a mindset of looking for ways to save time and maximize resources for AFCPE.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director.Essential Functions
- Financial management
- Develop and oversee financial trend, financial analysis and status reports to support strategic direction.
- Process & reconcile accounts receivable, accounts payable and GL accounts for association
- Advise Executive Director and Board of Directions on financial initiatives, annual and department budgeting, cash flow and investment priorities through a nonprofit lens.
- Act as primary liaison with Professional Employment Organization and HR functions
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports for AFCPE Treasurer and Executive Director
- Produce annual conference income and expense statement for Board of Directors
- Act as liaison with accounting firm for annual audit and tax preparation
- Oversee and issue any additional tax preparation, but not limited to, 1099 reports
- Adhere to all operating and financial policies and procedures
- Inventory Management
- Maintain, with direction of Certification Department, adequate quantities of study materials for certification programs
- Office supply procurement as needed
- Contract & Operations Compliance
- Oversee implementation of all contract work
- Under the guidance of an attorney from the Legal department, determine appropriate template agreement or form to implement for each transaction and coordinate with Project lead for deliverables.
- Works to resolve invoice discrepancies to support payment within agreed upon terms
- Review, update and develop current and new operating policies to increase efficiency within the organization.
- Serve as member of Senior Leadership team: attend meetings, participate in strategic decision-making and serve as an ambassador for AFCPE
Skills and Qualifications
- Integrity and commitment to AFCPE’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration (Accounting or Management preferred)
- Experience with use of QuickBooks software
- 5 years of experience in finance with 2 years of leadership experience
- Financial or accounting experience in an education or non-profit environment preferred.
- Understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Self-starter and driven
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy required
- Strong business writing, oral communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to work collaboratively within the leadership team and staff to support strategic direction
- Located in Westerville, Ohio
- Travel less than 10%
- 40 hours/week between 8am-4pm
- Mandatory monthly face-to-face director meetings
- Mandatory travel to AFCPE Annual Symposium in November