Tek Source USA, Inc. (TSU) is a Woman Minority Owned Small Business providing program management, contract support, and contingent workfoce management services to various Dept of Defense agencies. TSU is currently seeking an Accredited Financial Counselor to support the Navy Fleet & Family Support Program at NAS Key West.
Accredited Financial Counselor
The Accredited Financial Counselor supports Navy Fleet and Family Support Programs, a central delivery system for service member and family support through the installation’s Personal Financial Management Program. The programs offered through the FFSP are designed to facilitate personal and family readiness and adaptation to life in the military and to keep individuals and families resilient and strong, preventing individual and family dysfunction, facilitating personal and family self-sufficiency, and creating overall command and community well-being.
- Provide individualized financial counseling and assistance to service members and families.
- Assist service members in establishing an extended absence financial plan.
- Develop and make available informational financial materials to Service members and families.
- Plan, organize and develop new curriculum to be delivered by staff providing basic Personal Financial Management Education and Training per client request, when not otherwise available in CNIC standardized PFM curricula.
- Provide service and family members consumer information and assistance in handling consumer complaints.
- Coordinate, publicize and provide a wide variety of Personal Financial Management classes/workshops, e.g., car buying, basic budgeting, managing credit, debt liquidation, consumer awareness, insurance, savings and investments, and retirement planning.
- Respond to requests for age-appropriate classes or seminars to youths and teens as part of on-base education.
- Conduct initial and refresher Command Financial Specialist (CFS) training.
- Assist Command Financial Specialists in developing General Military Training (GMT) on topics relating to Personal Financial Management.
- Document individualized financial counseling services IAW the FFSMIS Users Guide and certification standards.
- Ensure that all individual services delivered in support of Personal Financial Management are entered and counted in FFSMIS.
- Ensure staff delivering personal financial management counseling are accounting for all services scheduled and delivered in the automated Centralized Scheduling and Metrics system in use by the FFSP.
- Fully support the FFSP role in emergency preparedness and response including participation in exercises and execution of an Emergency Family Assistance Center when directed.
- Bachelors OR combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelors that equips to serve as a PFM and maintain Accredited Financial Counselor credential
- In-depth knowledge in field of personal finance and financial counseling.
- Obtain national certification as an Accredited Financial Counselor within first 6 months of employment and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must maintain highest ethical standards.
- Highly desired Veteran, military spouse or experience working with military organizations
Individuals applying for this position must, at a minimum, be a US citizen, meet the experience, educational, or other background requirements set forth above, and shall be capable of performing in an efficient, reliable, and professional manner. Tek Source USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/Veteran/Disability).