Are you someone who is a natural leader, able to organize projects efficiently and communicate effectively? Do you have a spirit of teamwork and a “can do” attitude to see projects through to high quality success? Are you a good problem-solver, focused on the details with a strong commitment to excellence? Do you have good time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities at once?
As the Special Programs Manager, your role is to manage and lead all of AFCPE’s grant-funded programs, provide support to AFCPE professionals and partners in the programs, and submit detailed reports on program status.
You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative, high performing team with a results oriented approach. You must be a self-starter with excellent follow-through to ensure all program milestones are completed with the highest standards of professionalism and quality.
This position reports directly to the Director of Certification Programs.
1. Ensure efficient and effective planning and implementation of grant-funded programs, including but not limited to: the CFPB financial coaching project, Wells Fargo Research project, FINRA Foundation Military Spouse Fellowship, IPT State Investor Education Programs
- Oversee committees driving progress toward goals and report efforts
- Management of 1 PT Admin
- Support AFCPE professionals and partners on each project
- Oversee development and revision of program curricula, including professional development trainings
- Manage scheduling of program activities and materials
- Communicate effectively as primary contact person for the programs
- Manage and maintain website, database and records for programs
- Oversee implementation of the budgetary components of the programs
- Frequent communication and collaboration with AFCPE Team and Partner Organizations, providing detailed reports on projects as required
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Manage Approved Education Providers
Skills and Qualifications
- Integrity and commitment to AFCPE’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree (in consumer science, personal finance, financial planning, or related field preferred)
- 2 years program management experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Self-starter and driven with proven ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy required
- Strong business writing, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven ability to learn and effectively operate technology independently
- Able to work collaboratively within the staff to support strategic direction
- Travel to tradeshows, universities, partner meetings and conferences as needed to represent AFCPE. Travel 15-25%
- 40 hours/week between 8am-4pm ET
- Mandatory full staff meetings; travel may be required 1-2 times per year
- Mandatory travel to AFCPE Annual Symposium in November
- Option to work remotely.
$45 - 55K
- Health stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development
- Additional voluntary options, including dental, vision, EAP and life insurance
AFCPE an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. AFCPE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates. Minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.