Are you passionate about the field of personal finance? Are you a creative thinker with attention to detail, and a strong commitment to excellence? Do you enjoy leading projects and have the drive to see it through to completion?
As the AFCPE Newsletter Editor, your role is to increase the value of The Standard, a quarterly newsletter publication for professionals in the field of financial counseling, coaching, and education. You will bring your creative ideas to generate meaningful engagement among our professionals. You are honest and persistent, and you have excellent listening and communication skills to drive content that meets the needs of the people we serve.
You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative, high performing team with a results oriented approach. You are a self-starter with excellent follow-through to ensure goals are met or exceeded to continue growing the reach and impact of the newsletter.
This position works closely with the AFCPE Member Services and Communications Team and reports directly to the Board of Directors. A stipend is available and AFCPE Symposium registration is provided complimentary.
- Monthly call with Newsletter Task Force
- Weekly calls with Task Force Chair
- Report to the AFCPE Board Liaison on a quarterly basis
- Manage the submission, review, and acceptance process of articles
- Ideate, edit, and manage content for each issue
- Engage with authors
- Write articles
- Maintain appropriate records of article submissions and costs
- Attend the AFCPE Annual Symposium
- Present an annual budget and newsletter report to the AFCPE Board of Directors at AFCPE Annual Symposium
- Generate four issues of diverse and engaging content across different areas of the personal finance field
- Upload content to CMS platform
Skills and Qualifications
- Integrity and commitment to AFCPE’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree (in consumer science, personal finance, financial planning, or related field preferred)
- Strong business writing, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Self-starter and driven
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy required
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); Indesign and other design software recommended
- Able to work collaboratively within the staff
- Travel to AFCPE Annual Symposium in November to report to Board of Director
AFCPE an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. AFCPE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates. Minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.